Monday, 12 March 2007

A Vegetable Meme

Cindy from Where's the Beef tagged me for this vegetable meme.


1. Is there a vegetable you hated as a child, but came to love as you got older?

I was an odd child. I confess to loving most vegetables particularly spinach and mushrooms, the usual culprits. I have become rather fond of red capsicums of late, a vegetable I detested as a child. I was convinced it caused me indigestion issues but no longer cast it aside.

2. Most underrated vegetable?

It's rare for a day to go by without me consuming at least one serving of spinach but to move beyond the obvious I'll say eggplant because it has so many uses!

3. Name one favourite summer vegetable dish.

Gazpacho. No contest

4. And one for winter?

I love a good vegetable soup but confess to usually tainting mine with some smoked bacon.

5. What vegetables are in your fridge and freezer right now?

Salad leaves, carrots, corn, broccoli, spinach, rocket, mushrooms, ladies fingers, eggplant, bok choi, and bamboo shoots- do they count?

6. Is there a vegetable you really like but don't make much yourself?

Pumpkin. I found roast pumpkin and pumpkin soup incredibly comforting but rarely prepare it myself.

I won't tag anyone but feel free to post your answers!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Thanks for joining in, Truffle! I had a love/hate relationship with capsicum as a kid, which fortunately stabilised to 'love' once I go to about 17 years of age. :-)